The Consulting Engineers Association of India – Western Region Centre (CEAI-WRC) is proud to announce that it will be organising its seminar on contractual issues and resolving disputes –“Arbitration-Time to Relook” on 15th June 2018 at the Vivanta by Taj President, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai.
It comes at an opportune time when the Government, legislature and the judiciary are taking significant strides in improving India’s legal infrastructure and making it into a regional arbitration hub. Equally important is the enforcement and dispute resolution machinery available to address cross-border disputes which arise in different industries and across lines of business.
The seminar is intended to provoke thought leadership and provide a platform where all the stakeholders including litigants, lawyers, judges, arbitrators and experts can interact, raise issues and look at using dispute resolution as a practical tool to overcome problems which often end up paralysing business. A strong, robust, effective and efficient legal infrastructure is absolutely critical for ensuring ease of doing business in addition to making India into a viable destination for attracting foreign investment especially in key areas such as roads, bridge and tunnels, aviation, ports & harbours, power, oil & gas, pipeline and chemical industries et al.
The topics that would be covered and the format of the seminar is such that it will encourage a stimulating discussion between the speakers and the participants:
- The impact of the Amendments to the Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996 on the construction industry: Case Studies
- Role of Schedule and Damages Experts: What is expected in construction arbitrations?
- Alternatives to arbitration: Can adjudication, mediation, dispute resolution board and neutral evaluation be used to resolve disputes speedily?
- How to manage cost escalation and delay issues: what to do when disputes do arise? Experiences from different industries.
- How to avoid conflict especially in construction contracts?
- Technical session and Case Law updates on:
- Enforcement of awards
- Independence and impartiality of arbitrators
- Grounds on which award can be set aside
- Multi-Party arbitrations
- Panel Discussion on contract drafting, risk management and handling disputes.
CEO’s, CFO’s, General Counsels, Experts, Senior Management, Industry Professionals from India, UK, UAE, Singapore and other jurisdictions have already confirmed attendance. The speakers will be experts in their fields with substantial experience in handling complex disputes and discussing hands-on effective solutions and will comprise Hon’ble Judges from the Supreme Court of India, High Court of Bombay, legal and industry professionals and other experts.
Your presence and support to grace the occasion would be greatly appreciated and we would welcome your confirmation for attending this very important event.
For more details please download Arbitration – Time to Relook_ Flyer