MATTERS RELATING TO ENGINEERING FRATERNITY
for Legislation of Engineers Bill
The engineering fraternity is going through challenging times. On the one hand the country is in the development mode with projects of all sizes in all sectors either having taken off or on the anvil. When that is the case and the fact that engineers are a MUST for any project it is well nigh imperative that their status, title and profession be suitably protected.
“Matters Relating to Engineering Fraternity” comprises of two sections. The First contains matter on the “Legislation for Engineers” and the Second on Council of Architecture Matters.
- “Legislation for Engineers” deals with “Need for Legislation”, then briefly traces the “Draft Engineers Bill – Development So Far”. The “Petition – Legislation for Engineers” is given next. It wraps up with the sub-section “Support the Petition”. The legislation is also necessary to protect the engineers from being summarily held accountable for alleged professional misconduct.
- The actions initiated by the Council of Architecture (COA) are restrictive in nature and infringe and violate the fundamental rights guaranteed to all citizens of India by the Constitution vide Article 19. A ‘Note for Engineers Rev July 2014’ gives the gist of the issues. The court cases relating to the matters concerning COA, Indian Institute of Architects (IIA) or an architect are listed and up loaded in a separate sub-section.
To take up the issues with full force for the rights of the engineering fraternity SOLIDARITY is essential and so are FUNDS.
Please send in your contribution to CEAI, which is managing the funds on behalf of the Engineering Fraternity to assist any engineer who is wrongly charged with professional misconduct and also to set right the incorrect actions of COA.
The contribution by you and the expenses incurred by CEAI for these are exempt from IT.
Cheque/Bank Draft drawn in favour of “Consulting Engineers Association of India” and payable at New Delhi or sent via Bank transfer as per details given below:
|Name of Bank||HDFC Bank|
|Branch Address||50 Musoodpur, Main Road, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi 110070|
Persons to Contact for assistance:
The names of the association and individuals, working in capitals of States and Union Territories, who are have expressed their willingness to be on the panel of the Engineering Associations who are willing and ready to locally take up issues relating to the engineering fraternity are given below.
Presidents/ Chairmen of associations or individuals in Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Bihar, Assam, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Goa, Andaman & Nicobar Islands who are volunteering to join the panel for fronting the issues affecting the engineering fraternity may please get in touch so that their names and contact could be added in the list.
|State/ Region||Name of Association/ Person||Contact details|
|National Capital Territory||Consulting Engineers Association of India, New Delhi,
Sudhir Dhawan, President, and
|Indian Association of Structural Engineers, New Delhi
Mr. Mahesh Tandon, President
|Andhra Pradesh & Karnataka||Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (India) [ACCE(I)]Mr. P Suryaprakash, Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gujarat||Mr. Rahul Vakil
VMS Engineering & Design Services, Ahmedabad
|Madhya Pradesh||Association of Civil Engineers of Madhya Pradesh, (Bhopal Unit)
Mr. Vikram Saxena
Pyramid Consultants, Bhopal, and
|Mr. Ashok Manhar,Ashok Manhar and Associates, Bhopalemail@example.com|
|Maharashtra, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu||India Chapter of American Concrete Institute (ICACI )
Mr. Chetan R Raikar, President,
|CEAI Western Region Centre
Dr. Harshvardhan Subbarao, Vice-Chairman
|Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Kerala & Lakshadweep||Mr. Sanna Ratnavelfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Uttar Pradesh||Association of Professional Graduate Civil Engineers (APGCE)
Mr. Sanjay Singh, Hon. Secretary
|West Bengal||CEAI Eastern & North Eastern Region Centre
Mr. Amitabah Ghoshal, Chairman, and
|Association of Multi-Disciplinary Engineering Consultants (AMEC);
Mr. Amal Biswas, Chairman
In addition to this the member associations of the Engineering Council of India are requested to sensitise their members the need for the enactment of the Engineer’s Bill and support this petition. The list of member associations are reproduced below from the ECI website:
1. Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (India)
2. Broadcast Engineering Society (India)
3. Computer Society of India
4. Consultancy Development Centre
5. Construction Industry Development Council
6. Consulting Engineers Association of India
7. Indian Association of Structural Engineers
8. Indian Buildings Congress
9. Indian Concrete Institute
10. Indian Geootechnical Society
15. Indian National Group of the IABSE
16. Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing
18. Indian Society for Trenchless Technology
19. Indian Society of Agriculture Engineers
20. Institute of Urban Transport (India)
21. Institution of Mechanical Engineers (India)
22. International Council of Consultants
23. Mining Engineers’ Association of India
24. The Aeronautical Society of India
25. The Automobile Society (India)
26. The Indian Institute of Metals
32. The Institution of Engineering and Technology (India)
for Legislation of Engineers Bill